Skip to the content.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Microsoft Azure Information Protection (AIP)
- 📝 Helps to classify and optionally protect (encrypt) documents and emails by applying labels.
- Labels can be applied
- automatically based on rules and conditions
- or manually
- E.g. when a user saves a Microsoft Word document containing a credit card number, a custom tooltip is displayed. The tooltip recommends labeling the file as
Confidential \ All Employees configured by the administrator.
- After your content is classified, you can track and control how the content is used. E.g. you can:
- Analyze data flows to gain insight into your business
- Detect risky behaviors and take corrective measures
- Track access to documents
- Prevent data leakage or misuse of confidential information
- You can purchase AIP either as a standalone solution, or through one of the following Microsoft licensing suites:
- Enterprise Mobility + Security
- or Microsoft 365 Enterprise