Skip to the content.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Primarily for performing calculations, executing logic and running applications
- On-demand & computing service for running cloud-based applications
- Provides computing resources like multi-core processors and supercomputers via virtual machines and containers.
- Provides serverless computing to run apps without requiring infrastructure setup or configuration.
- Pay only for the resources you use and only for as long as you’re using them.
- Four common techniques for performing compute in Azure:
Choosing a computing strategy
- “All or nothing” is not needed when choosing a cloud computing strategy.
- Each provides benefits as well as tradeoffs against other options.
- E.g. serverless computing removes the need for you to manage infrastructure
- Serverless computing expects work to be completed quickly; usually within seconds or less.
- You might run your core application on a virtual machine or container but offload some of the data processing onto a serverless app.
- 📝 Most control to least control: Virtual machines, containers, serverless computing
- Learn more: Overview of Azure compute options