Skip to the content.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Multiple database services to store a wide variety of data types and volumes.
- Have global connectivity and instant data availability
Azure Cosmos DB
- 📝 Globally distributed (= multiple regions) database service
- Supports schema-less data, stores JSON
- 💡 Good for Always On applications to support constantly changing data.
- 💡 Good for data used by & maintained by users around the globe.
Azure Cache for Redis
- Caches frequently used and static data to reduce data and application latency
Azure SQL Database Options
- Azure Database for MySQL: Fully managed and scalable MySQL
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL: Fully managed and scalable PostgreSQL
- Azure Database for MariaDB: Fully managed and scalable MariaDB
- SQL server on VMs: Host SQL servers in own VPNs
Azure SQL Database
- Relational database as a service (DaaS)
- Based on the latest stable version of the Microsoft SQL Server database engine.
- High-performance, reliable, fully managed and secure database
Azure Database Migration Service
- Allows to migrate existing SQL Server to Azure
- Performs all of the required steps.
- Minimal downtime
- Uses the Microsoft Data Migration Assistant
- Generate assessment reports that provide recommendations
Azure Synapse Analytics
- Formerly SQL Data Warehouse
- 📝 A cloud data warehouse for the enterprise
- Characterized by high resiliency through automatic scaling.
- Massive parallel processing (MPP) to run complex queries quickly across petabytes of data