Skip to the content.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Compliance in Azure
Microsoft Privacy Statement
- 📝 Explains what personal data Microsoft processes, how Microsoft processes it, and for what purposes.
- Applies to the interactions Microsoft has with you and Microsoft products such as Microsoft services, websites, apps, software, servers, and devices.
Microsoft Trust Center
- 📝 In-depth information about security, privacy, compliance offerings, policies, features, and practices across Microsoft cloud products.
- Recommended resources in the form of a curated list of the most applicable and widely used resources for each topic.
- Direct guidance and support
Service Trust Portal
- 📝 Can download
- audit reports produced by external auditors
- Microsoft-authored reports about its cloud services.
- Also has compliance guides to help you understand how you can use Microsoft cloud service features to manage compliance with various regulations.
- Hosts Compliance Manager, companion feature to the Trust Center.
- Free workflow-based risk assessment dashboard with
- summary of your data protection, compliance stature, recommendations for improvement
- Combines the following three items:
- Information provided by Microsoft to auditors and regulators e.g.ISO 27001, ISO 27018, and NIST.
- Information that Microsoft compiles internally for its compliance with regulations (such as HIPAA and the EU GDPR).
- An organization’s self-assessment of their own compliance with these standards and regulations.
- Repository in which to upload and manage evidence and other artifacts related to compliance activities.
- Assign, track, and record compliance and assessment-related activities
- Help your organization cross team barriers to achieve your organization’s compliance goals.
- Compliance Score to help you track your progress with onging risk assessments.
- Recommends also actions as part of the risk assessment.
- Excel reports that document the compliance activities performed by Microsoft and your organization.
- 💡 Can be provided to auditors, regulators, and other compliance stakeholders
Azure Security Center
- 📝 Global service in Azure that includes regulatory compliance dashboard of your services.
- Insights into your compliance posture based on continuous assessments
- Analyzes risk factors in your hybrid cloud environment according to security best practices
- Overall security score, assessment against e.g. CIS, PCI DSS 3.2.1, SOC, ISO 27001..