Skip to the content.
AWS Solutions Architect - Associate
- Chef and Puppet are open source platforms and allow to perform server configuration automatically
- They work great with EC2 and on-premise VM
- AWS Opsworks = Managed Chef and Puppet
- Alternative to AWS SSM
Chef and Puppet
- They help with managing configuration as code which helps in having consistent deployments
- Work on Linux/Windows
- We can automate: user accounts, cron jobs, ntp, packages, services, etc.
- Convert media files (video + music) stored in S3 into various formats for tables, PCs, smartphones, TVs, etc.
- Optimize bite rate
- Create thumbnails
- Create watermarks
- Create captions
- Provides progressive download
- 4 components of Elastic Transcoder:
- Jobs: what does the work of the transcoder
- Pipeline: queue that manages the transcoding job
- Presets: templates for converting media from one format to another
- Pay for what we use, scales automatically, fully managed