Skip to the content.
AWS Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Regions are clusters of data centers
- Example of regions: us-east-1, eu-west-1, etc.
- Most services provided by AWS are regions scoped. This means a data for a service used in one region is not replicated in another region
AWS Availability Zones (AZ)
- AWS Regions are divided into availability zones
- Each region has between 2 and 6 AZs. Usually they have 3
- Each AZ is one or more discrete data center with redundant power, networking an connectivity
- All AZs from a region are geographically separated from each other
- Even if they are separated, they have high bandwidth connection between them